Re: [Shop-talk] used parts locator services

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] used parts locator services
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:19:19 -0700
On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 02:36:26PM -0700, Randall wrote:
> > I managed to get a dipstick tube but I need a dipstick.
>
> Any chance of getting a junkyard dipstick & modifying it to fit?

I may have to do that.  I can probably get someone to send me specs.
I have a lathe, if I can get the steel stick material I could
make one.  The problem is time: I don't have a lot of it.

> They even
> used to sell "universal replacements"; probably still do.

All the ones I found are for american cars and are short.
But I'll keep looking.

> http://tinyurl.com/2bdw68g

The "Vokswagen" that is for is a Routan, which is a rebadged
Chrysler minivan.

Eric

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96