Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos

To: <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos
From: Dan Kroninger <d_kroninger@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:27:44 -0500
Thanks to eveyone who responded to this question.  I think I have a better
understanding of what is going on with these turbos.  It sounds like it will
be cheaper to buy the more expensive gas than rebuild the engine.  I agree, if
I am going to buy the fast car with all the bells and whistles, I might as
well pay to play with them.  I am still not set on the car, but it will help
in my decision making.

As far as putting higher octane in cars that do not require it, I have read
that putting higher octane in will do nothing for the car at all.  If the car
is designed to run on low octane, "treating" the car to higher is just a waste
of money.  That is what I read anyway.

Thanks again everyone!

Dan

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/pat@hornesystemstx.com

> --
> Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
> (512) 797-7501 Voice 5026 FM 2001
> Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com Lockhart, TX 78644-4443
> www.hornesystemstx.com
> -- We support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/d_kroninger@hotmail.com

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums