[Shop-talk] Air Compressor ?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor ?
From: Frank Vantacich <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
I just installed an Atlas Copco model KT75PV80 air compressor, 90 gallon, 7.5hp
motor 25 acfm 175 psi.  If I run it down to 150psi and the compressor attempts
to start up the magnetic relay trips on the compressor. If I let it deplete to
25 or 50 lbs it will start right up and cut off at 175psi.

It's on a 40 amp circuit and supplying 233 volts, the circuit breaker in the
main panel does not trip just the relay on the compressor.

The compressor is always free wheeling, in other words there is never a load on
the compressor when it starts up.

Frank V.  rustymetal@sbcglobal.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96