Re: [Shop-talk] communications cable to garage

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] communications cable to garage
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:19:32 -0700
> I've been thinking about this myself.  After years of renting a shop I've
had
> to move The Fat Chance Garage back to the house.  Or the garage out back,
> at least.  I'm thinking I need to run a 220V line for the big compressor
and
> the welder, a phone line and possibly a network cable if I want to keep
> a PC out there.  Maybe even a coax from the TV antenna for the stereo.

I ran three conduits to my detached building. One for power, one for
low-voltage such as CAT5 and coax, and the third to connect three-way switches
in both buildings to turn on lights for the walkway between.

Bill Rabel
Anacortes

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96