Re: [Shop-talk] push to talk (nextel) amplifier

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, john niolon <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] push to talk (nextel) amplifier
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:25:29 -0500
  John,

Back in the days of AM car radios in the Los Angeles area there were
several tunnels where driver's would loose reception while inside. All
the city did to fix this was to string an insulated wire down the length
of the tunnels, with a good length of wire outside. If you can find out
what frequencies the phone/ptt uses, you can try a piece of wire for an
antenna outside the trailer with a piece of coax running into the
trailer, then another antenna inside. This will help some, but as to
whether it will be enough depends on a lot of variables.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake john niolon, On 7/2/2010 9:27 AM: