Re: [Shop-talk] Fly-n-drive question

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fly-n-drive question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 14:38:21 -0700
> you would just have the car shipped because nobody
> in their right
> mind would think of driving a Brit from TX to NC.....;-)

Guess I'm in my left mind then, because I've done it not once but twice!
First time from Houston to Los Angeles (farther than Houston to Raleigh) in
a TR3 that had literally been sitting in a cornfield.  That time I did have
a chase car (but it was the one that broke down 50 miles from the nearest
exit).

Second time I bought a Stag no less, in OK and drove it to CA.  I could
write a book about that trip ... but in reality it was a lot of fun.

Even the 4 hours or so I spent in a Wal-Mart parking lot, alternately buying
tools and trying to free up the locked rear brakes.

Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive