Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical stuff

To: Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical stuff
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:44:16 -0700
Just get a VFD and you'll be in business.  I am using four VFDs from 1/2
to 5 HP to run my mortiser, drill press, 12" table saw and thickness
planer.  They are not terribly expensive in the smaller sizes and fairly
simple to hook up assuming you read the directions.  I would stay away
from the old style static phase converters unless you want to burn up
your motor, and for a single 1 HP load a rotary phase converter is
overkill.  I have found that Factorymation generally has the best deals
on converters, and excellent tech support: