Re: [Shop-talk] EXTERNAL:Re: Miter saw or compound miter saw

To: "shop-talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] EXTERNAL:Re: Miter saw or compound miter saw
From: "Schoenherr, Ron (IS)" <ronald.schoenherr@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:24:01 -0500
I also have had good success with an HF 10" sliding compound saw.  I
used it for hundreds of cuts on laminate flooring and base moulding on
several rooms in two homes. Still works well.  YMMV!!
Ron

>> I'm not sure this would be a good item to get from HF.  I would be
>> worried
>> that it would be too sloppy to allow for accurate cuts.

Nolan wrote:
I have the 10" sliding compound saw from HF.  It's perfectly ok and
reasonably accurate.  No more flex in the rails than the others, and no
more
slop than them either.  Bearings benefit from some lubrication.

Not suited for precise cabinetry work, but I don't think I've ever met a
cut
saw that was.  Perfectly fine for construction and home improvements and

such.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive