Re: [Shop-talk] Construction opinion poll

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Construction opinion poll
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 07:29:18 -0400
On 8/13/2010 11:47 PM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> If you were asked to create a built-in storage cabinet in a floor-to-ceiling
> nook, and you knew the nook wasn't square, would you build a square cabinet
> and shim it level and use molding to cover the gaps, or literally build it in

First I'd want to determine why the structure was sagging, and if it was
still moving or had come to a stopping point.  Guessing it's old enough
you think it has stopped.

I'd go for build it square and plumb, and blend or hide to mating lines
to match the not-square surroundings.

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96