[Shop-talk] Importing car from Canada?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Importing car from Canada?
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:00:47 -0400
Has anyone done this?

I'm toying with the idea of buying a 79 VW Rabbit, Engine has been swapped,
speedo is in km, not mph, but otherwise it's a solid car, clear title, etc.

I'm just curious how it might go down trying to get it across the border and
then the task of registering it in the States.  I've read some of the docs
available on doing this and it seems pretty straight forward, there are fees
and paperwork I'm sure, but still a little nerve wracking for me, as I would
most likely have it shipped at a pretty good expense from BC to Philadelphia.

-PJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive