Re: [Shop-talk] decal removal

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] decal removal
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:44:47 -0700 (PDT)
I went through this a bunch of times, removing the vinyl graphics off
sportbike
fairings before repair work/repaint.  WD40 and a scraper (razor
blade, or
plastic if you want to preserve the paint), followed by a
cleaner-type wax often
takes it off.  Next up the chain was 3M wax and
adhesive remover or Goof-off.
Then came acetone/laquer thinner, but you were
definitely repainting after
that...
Good luck!

BTW, next time, use a heat
gun to soften up the sticker before peeling.  With
luck, the glue will come
off with the sticker.

On 9/23/2010 10:16 PM, eric@megageek.comwrote:
> Here
is another question that I have.  (BTW. thanks for the answers on
> the
trailer brakes.)

> I just bought a mason dump truck from a landscape
company.  It had
> their name and number on the door in vinyl lettering.  I
was able to
> remove the lettering, but there is still an outline of the
letters.

> What can I do to clean this up?  It seems to be a raised
adhesive and
> grime mix.
>

> TIA

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html