Re: [Shop-talk] Better construction vehicles?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Better construction vehicles?
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 15:40:44 -0500
A minivan is good for cargo space, but it is not great at hauling
heavy loads.  Trailer towing or running near max gross weight often
results in transmission failure.  They are also usually a bit short on
ground clearance.  This makes loading easy, but means that in rough
terrain you are more likely to scrape bottom.  For my money, the
Suburban is a great option.  Hauls 4x8 plywood flat (at least the
older one did, not sure about the new version).  Hauls a heavy load
and a big trailer, and will handle a lot more off-road conditions than
the mini-van.  The down-sides are the poorer gas mileage and the
higher purchase price.  But the Suburban is built a lot tougher than
your average mini-van, and will probably last longer.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/jdinnis@gmail.com

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums