Re: [Shop-talk] soldering iron

To: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] soldering iron
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:25:45 -0500
I just picked up a decent quality Weller unit from a local store.  It
came with an adjustable heat controller and a stand for less than $50.
 The offer a wide variety of tips to suit most needs.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was trying to re-solder the instrument cluster circuit board on my old
Volvo and I tried a new Radio Shack pecil type (thin sharp point) soldering
iron that I've had for a while but had not used. This thing was useless it
never got hot enough to do the job. Today I tested a couple of very old
soldering irons from a friend and they got hot quick. Unfortunately they are
so old that I could not a brand name on them. Can anyone recommend a brand of
good quality soldering irons.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/jdinnis@gmail.com

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums