Re: [Shop-talk] Better construction vehicles?

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Better construction vehicles?
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:37:52 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Jim Franklin wrote:
> But the more I think about what I want to do and how I want to go about
> it, if I'm going to get a special-purpose vehicle, a Sprinter is the
> only option. I'd really like to be able to work inside the vehicle, for
> when it's crappy out or working inside the customer's home is a not an
> option or will result in excessive cleanup (see lazy comment above).
> SPrinters are tall enough to stand up in and have a bench with chop saw,
> all my tools in labelled containers, and gets 20 something MPG.
>
> Initially it'd be cheaper to get a big trailer and tow vehicle, and that
> setup might never reach the cost of a new Sprinter (haven't seen many
> used), but the convenience can't be ignored.

For working inside, I'd go straight to an enclosed trailer.  A 16'
enclosed trailer will have _way_ more usable space to work in and won't
get nine billion lbs of dust all over everything in the cab either.

Plus, as you say, I bet it ends up at the same cost or cheaper.

Mark

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive