Re: [Shop-talk] PTO Pumps

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] PTO Pumps
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 21:19:05 -0700
> OK, here is the problem.  I have a log splitter with a PTO
> pump that has
> the 21 spline gear.  Mine (and all big tractors) have a
> different gear set up.

That is because your pump wants to be turned at 1000 rpm, but your tractors
only have 540 rpm PTOs.  You can get straight adapters, but your pump may
not work very well at half speed.

Here's one source (just the first that turned up with Google)
http://www.doublehh.com/products.cfm?prodID=123&catID=2

My uncle had a speed adapter for his Deere that included the gears to raise
the rpm to 1000, but I think it came from Deere and was specific to the line
of tractors.

Here is a universal speed adapter
http://catalogs.hubcityinc.com/farmrev/model390.html

but I have a feeling it may cost more than a 540 rpm pump <G>

Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive