[Shop-talk] what do you call this bolt

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] what do you call this bolt
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:27:16 -0600
got a question on another forum that has us stumped... we know what it is and
what it does, but don't know what to call it to source it...

think of a standard bolt but instead of a hex head or socket head, it has a
slot in the bolt and a little 'wing' that is held in the slot by a roll pin
It will flip back and forth to tighten or loosen the bolt, when you use your
thumb as the wrench.  Seen them used for tension bolts on a drill press motor
frame to tighten the belt

wish I could add a picture but I think you guys are smart enough to
understand...  any suggestions ?

thanks
John

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
act. George Orwell

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive