Re: [Shop-talk] building a gorilla lift

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] building a gorilla lift
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 20:08:52 -0500
john, I've seen systems that work much better and aren't in the way for
trailer lift gates.

In fact, the car trailer I just rebuilt has a great way to do it.  It uses
a leaf spring in the center of the trailer that connects to the rear of
the gate.  It is almost completely hidden and works much better.  Plus,
it's heavy duty and will not break like garage springs or cable.

Here is a quick link to two pics I have of the trailer handy.  I can take
better pics if you want them...

<http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/be104ce66bcf72d4852577ef0005972f?OpenDocument>

Moose
Waldo Emerson