Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights, shunts, and magic

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] xmas lights, shunts, and magic
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 16:34:10 -0500
I'm by no means an expert on Christmas lights, but I have to buy more of
them than I'd like each year, and I can tell you for sure that LED lights
are available but still way to expensive for my taste.  I don't know about
the series-wired vs. non series-wired, but I know that a lot of new strings
funciton the exact same way they did when I was a kid.  Which wasn't the
first Eisenhower administration, but I'll bet the technology is similar.

Scott

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM, David C. <cavanadd@frontier.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not up on Christmas lights and
> decorations.  My primary response to the holidays, and Christmas in
> particular, is to ignore them/it to the fullest extent possible.  I haven't
> bought Christmas lights in probably 25 years.  Given that, I was under the
> impression that:
> 1.  Pretty much all Christmas lights these days are LED; and
> 2.  Series wired Christmas lights went out sometime around the middle of
> the first Eisenhower administration.  Shunts? Seems like a solution looking
> for a problem.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive