Re: [Shop-talk] shop lighting

To: "'Shop Talk 'shop-talk''" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] shop lighting
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 21:49:59 -0800
> My first question is if there is a good/affordable supplier
> of electronic
> ballasts for my existing T12 fixtures?

You might try going to Home Depot and digging through the pile of ballasts.
I had a mag ballast fail last year, and although it wasn't shown on the web
site, I found an electronic replacement in the store for about $17.

Here's the best price I could find on-line just now:
http://usalight.com/b2x60-120-2-lamp-ballast-for-f96-t12-120.html
If you like, I'll split an order of 6 with you, to qualify for free
shipping.  (I work in Torrance.)

One other thing to check is whether your fixtures are grounded.  Even with
our recent cold snap, my mag ballasts only flicker a little more than the
electronics, and quit within a few minutes.  Tired bulbs can cause
flickering problems as well.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96