Re: [Shop-talk] Stupid TIG tricks (was: Welding cart idea)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Stupid TIG tricks (was: Welding cart idea)
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:15:12 -0800
  I have both and I have not used my MIG at all since I got my TIG 6 or
so years ago.  I don't see any reason to keep the MIG except that its
much faster and might be nice on a big car trailer project or something
like that.  I have very seriously considered selling the MIG for the
reason that I just don't use it at all.  I would like to get rid of it
and get the space back but everytime I think about it, I start thinking
about what I might need it for someday in the distant future.

  Body work is much nicer with TIG and its the reason I purchased the
TIG, I was burning holes all over the body with the MIG, friends said I
used my MIG more like a Plasma cutter than a welder, never have that
problem with the TIG.  TIG can also weld so many more different metals
and I think even does a stronger weld but that might be wishful thinking.

     mike