Re: [Shop-talk] Welding cart follow up

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding cart follow up
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:20:38 -0500
It rolls around fine in the flat shop floor.  It's not that great on the
uneven snow/ice covered pavement however.

I do use flux cord for most of my 'quick' and/or small stuff.  I though
about adding the OXY AC bottles to it, but the advice here made sense.
(Once I have the plasma cutter, I will not use it nearly as much.)  I
didn't put the bottle on it put I could have.  If I was to do it again, I
would consider a bigger cart, but I also like having a smaller cart that
is east to maneuver around objects in the shop.

I'll be adding a "power station" to it later.  Both 230v units will go
into a switch box and then only one plug out (I'm open to better ideas
suggestions from here, however.)  The 120 stuff will all be on a HD power
strip.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
01/24/2011 20:02
Please respond to
pat@hornesystemstx.com

shop-talk@autox.team.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Welding cart follow up

Looks great! how well does it roll around? I guess you use flux core
wire. I didn't see a gas bottle.
Did you combine the power cords, or do you need to swap plugs while
working?

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake eric@megageek.com, On 1/24/2011 2:03 PM:

http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/e3ec633d63693afb85256ba700060663/50ee7ccbdb32e57285257822006bfaaf?OpenDocument

> As always, this is only temporary, unless it works!
>
> 8>)
>

> PS, The plasma cutter is AWESOME for light sheet metal and such.  If you
> don't have a plasma cutter and have $500, then this is the one to get.
If
> you can't swing it right now, add the plasma cutter to your next b'day
> wish list, Christmas list, or wedding registry!!!  8>)
>
> Moose
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive