[Shop-talk] Harbor Freight

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Harbor Freight
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 05:25:45 -0800
HF and their products' quality--or lack thereof--come up as a topic every now
and then.  I think they're good for tools
you use once in a lifetime or the occasional quality product at a decent price.
 However, the last two internet orders
I've placed had serious issues.  In both cases they charged me for, and
shipped, something not even close to what I
ordered.  The last time I ordered a power steering pump pulley puller set and
they sent a sheet metal screw assortment!
The items are, obviously, completely different and the part numbers weren't
even close (and the wrong items shipped were
quite a bit less expensive than what I ordered).

Anybody else having similar problems?  It seems like they're using blind
monkeys to pull their stuff for shipment.  In
both cases a call to customer service straightened things out, and they had me
keep the wrong items--whether I
needed/wanted them or not--but I wonder if they were to send me a compressor or
welder instead of the box of O-rings I
ordered if they'd be so generous.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net