Re: [Shop-talk] vice paint

To: "'john niolon'" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "'Shop-Talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] vice paint
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:48:07 -0600
Rust Oleum.  Don't know how well their hammered finish holds up outside, but
their regular colors hold up just great outdoors here in the frozen north,
with sun, rain, snow, ice, and dog pee.

If rust is an issue, their Rust Reformer (or many other similar products)
kill the rust and act as a primer.

Karl

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:16 AM, john niolon <jniolon@bham.rr.com> wrote:
> I've got an old Prentiss #56 bull dog vise that I've cleaned up and
> want to mount on an outdoor workbench...  I first tried painting with
> hammered
finish
> Krylon but after about a year in the elements the Krylon is looking tired.
>
> Recommend a good paint for this beauty that will endure the elements...
live
> in the South so it's mostly sun/rain to deal with...  Epoxy based ??
> some exotic stuff ??  I tried the heated linseed oil coating and
> wasn't pleased with the look..  I like shiney !
>
> thanks
> John

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96