Re: [Shop-talk] Welding cast iron boiler?

To: "'Jim Franklin'" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "'shop-talk List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding cast iron boiler?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:03:32 -0600
I presume it's a low-pressure boiler, which are usually set around 5-7 PSI.
If it's higher pressure, it's gotta be done right, not patched.

Is it in a place where you could install a repair plug ?

http://www.wmharvey.com/prod/cat11/sillcock_handles/boiler_parts.php

Or is it small enough to drill and tap the hole and install a pipe plug ?

Karl