Re: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher?
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:13:06 -0800
While on the topic of washers and soap ...

I have a late-model, low-end Maytag that, so far, has performed adequately.  My
choice was limited by the small size of
my kitchen enclosure--it was the only one I could find locally that would fit.

Anyway, for the last year or so--coincident with the detergent
reformulation?--I've noticed a problem.  My son drinks a
LOT of milk, specifically 1% lowfat, and my glasses have acquired a
semi-permanent milky residue.  It's almost as if the
milk is etching the glass.  It can be mostly scrubbed off with a Scotchbrite
pad/sponge, but this is a PITA (and try to
get a 20-year-old semi-man to do this).

Anybody else seeing this phenomenum?

bs

On 1/25/2011 11:28 PM, John Miller wrote:
> On 1/25/2011 10:20 PM, Bob Nogueira wrote:
>> Our three year old Kitchenaide has had the main control board replaced twice.
>> The tech told me it was really a design flaw in that the vent is just above
>> the board and the moisture gets to the board.
>> I've had too take out an extended warrantee on it since it doesn't seem to be
>> able to go more than a year without a service call.
>
> While we haven't had any difficulties with our 2003 Kitchenaid I agree that
>the electronic controls do seem to be a
> sore point on many recent appliances.  We just purchased a new LG washer and
>dryer and for I think the first time on
> any appliance purchase I did buy an extended service agreement.

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive