Re: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher? (and milk)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher? (and milk)
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:39:49 -0800
  So Wayne what is your view on this ?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/18/deliciously-creamy-the-world-of-breast-milk-cheese/

  Cheese made from human breast milk... I WILL PASS, NO THANK YOU !

  Ok, now that you have thrown up, lets get back to dishwasher basics, I
have to plan on installing one when the kitchen is re-done in a few
months, it will my wife and I's first dishwasher, never had one before
so I have been reading these posts quite closely (until the milk part at
least).

     mike

On 01/27/2011 09:10 AM, Wayne wrote:
> On 1/27/2011 10:13 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
>> Anyway, for the last year or so--coincident with the detergent
>> reformulation?--I've noticed a problem. My son drinks a LOT of milk,
>> specifically 1% lowfat, and my glasses have acquired a semi-permanent
>> milky residue. It's almost as if the milk is etching the glass. It can
>> be mostly scrubbed off with a Scotchbrite pad/sponge, but this is a PITA
>> (and try to get a 20-year-old semi-man to do this).
>
> Sounds like minerals in the water, not milk.
>
> You could try telling him milk is a colloidal suspension of cow fat in
> cow sweat and see if that dissuades him.  Or that it's just kinda
> gross to consume another mammal's lactation.  Personally, I'm torn
> between that and the fact cheese is good.
>
> -W

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive