Re: [Shop-talk] Phone line management

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Phone line management
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:10:26 -0800
Since you are on Comcast, you must have broadband Internet access.  Lots of
VoIP (internet phone) plans available, many for under $10/month with
unlimited local calls (some w/unlimited domestic long distance as well).

That's what I did (although I went with Vonage who are more expensive but
also offer cheap international long distance).  Worked out great, her phone
was only connected to the Vonage box, and her friends very quickly learned
the new number.

I also went one step farther, and dropped the POTS entirely in favor of my
cell phone.

I have seen business-grade phone systems that will do what you want, but for
just one line the VoIP will be a lot cheaper and easier.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive