[Shop-talk] Plasma cutter, the trigger is pulled.

Subject: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutter, the trigger is pulled.
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:37:13 -0500
OK, after reading everything I could online about plasma cutters, talking
to about 5 guys 'in the biz' about them, and sleeping on it, I finally
pulled the trigger on what I think is the best unit.

Here is what I went with...

<
http://www.amazon.com/RAMSOND-CUT50DY-Voltage-Inverter-SHIPPING/dp/B001OHTQO4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294404210&sr=8-1

Besides hating the color, everything else is a win. (Price, size,
fexiblity, capacity, reveiws.)

I was worried about ordering the consumables, but the website has a great
package of them for next to nothing.

Once I find out if this works well, I'll just buy a ton of them and don't
worry if the company goes away.  That way, I should have years of use and
if I can't get more in a decade or so, I'll buy a laser gun or whatever
technology they have then.

I'm not buying the "cuts 3/4" and severes 1" " rating on their website,
but I think it should be good enough for 1/2"  FWIW, it was one of the
only ones that I could find all positive reveiws about (there is one
negative one, but it sound like either his unit is bad or he is bad.)

I'll post my findings when I get it if anyone is interested.

Moose
Waldo Emerson