[Shop-talk] Welding cart idea

Subject: [Shop-talk] Welding cart idea
From: mikey at b2systems.com (Mike Rambour)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:31:54 -0800
  I agree, when I first got my oxy/acet system, I built a cart for it.
When I got my MIG, I built a cart and fixed all the mistakes on the oxy
cart for the MIG, when I got my TIG I again made a cart and fixed all
the things I did wrong on the MIG  cart.  I learned each time and it
gave me practice welding also.  When I got the plasma, ok I could not
use to put together a cart :) but I modified my TIG cart.

  I also agree on not putting everything on one cart, it becomes way too
heavy AND since I got my MIG, I have not used my oxy setup at all, same
once I got the TIG, the MIG has sat unused for 6 years now, the torch
close to 10 years.  I would not get rid of the torch, it can come in
handy as a blue wrench but I have considered selling the MIG.

   Building your own cart should be required of every welding purchase,
its good practice.

     mike