[Shop-talk] Cleaning up spilled mineral oil on carpet

Subject: [Shop-talk] Cleaning up spilled mineral oil on carpet
From: tputland at charter.net (Tim)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:12:57 -0800
After you get the oily bit cleaned up, baking soda might work on the smell.

---- Aric <shop at shariconglobal.com> wrote:

=============
Howdy All,

Long story short, it seems I didn't secure things too well when sending some
homebrew high voltage capacitors down to my brother's place and one of them
fell over and leaked an undertermined amount of mineral oil onto the
carpeting in the back of the car.  Any suggestions for cleanup and getting
rid of the smell?  It's probably a decade since we built them and I have no
recollection of what we did for cleanup back then or how hard it was to do.
Right now the plan is kitty litter, but I'm not sure it'll do much for the
smell or get it all out of the carpet.

Thanks!
-aric.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net