Re: [Shop-talk] multimedia in the shop

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] multimedia in the shop
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 00:55:01 -0700
> Are there any problems putting a
> plastic bag over them?

I wouldn't think so.  The plastic should have no problem moving with the
sound.  It might "color" the sound very slightly, but likely your shop is
somewhat less than acoustically perfect anyway; I doubt you'll notice the
difference.

But there is an easier way, just turn the music up.  It'll shake off the
dust!  My garage stereo is just a little 20 watt receiver left over from my
college days, but those speakers have been up there for 20 years and there's
no dust on them.  (However, I do need to take them down and replace the
surrounds. Anyone else tried that?)

> I was thinking about maybe a box with
> some fans and
> air filters or something.

Sure, why not?  Just don't underestimate how much heat those things
generate.  3 or 4 old computer fans should do nicely (or the 110vac
equivalents if you don't want to bother with a 12vdc power supply).

> FWIW, before you judge me,

Hell, Moose, I'm envious.
-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html