[Shop-talk] Center Console dash replacement (sorta OT)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Center Console dash replacement (sorta OT)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:34:49 -0400
OK, this is a project currently in my shop, so it's sort of on topic.

I am repairing a center console for a Boston Whaler boat.  The fiberglass
center console has an adhesive textured sticker on it for the surface.

See the pictures here...

<http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/32fdad48cc306f718525787600445bb0?OpenDocument>

It's the black covering in the pics.

Does anyone know of a source of this material?  If not, what it might be
called as I have been Googling everything I can think of but can't find
any.

I only need a piece the size of the top of the console.

I'm guessing this stuff needs to be tough to withstand salt, sun, and the
elements.

Any ideas, or points in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96