[Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

Subject: [Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting
From: drew at DasRogges.com (Drew Rogge)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:47:54 -0700
My father-in-law claims that oak splits best when it's green and the old
boy has done a lot of splitting. He grew up in the back woods of Arkansas
in the '30s and they burned oak for cooking and heat. He also points out
that by the time you wrestle the round up on to the splitter you've done
almost as much work as splitting the wood yourself. I to am a longtime
professional geek and I can do about three rounds before taking a rest.
Not proud of the fact but it does feel nice when I'm done.

Drew