[Shop-talk] CSP 3 (ICRI) (moderately not OT)

Subject: [Shop-talk] CSP 3 (ICRI) (moderately not OT)
From: nick at landform.co.uk (nick brearley)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:40:33 +0100
On 24/04/2011 04:09, Scott Hall wrote:
> After more searching, I found that Maipei's website says:
>
> "Concrete surfaces must be mechanically profiled and
> prepared by shotblasting, sandblasting, water-jetting,
> scarifying, diamond-grinding or other engineeredapproved
> methods (reference ICRI CSP 3 standards for
> acceptable profile height)."

Scott,

Dunno if I'm missreading this but buried in
http://tinyurl.com/42tbr6r**is a section**on subfloor preparation. In
"Powerfloated concrete/non-porous surfaces" it refers to use of a primer
before self levelling compound. "Mapeprim SP/ECO Prim T (if the
substrate is subject to residual moisture above 75% RH
apply Mapeproof ESM)". This primer is also suggested for use on terrazzo
without scarification. That leads me to think that you may not need the
intensive prep you've been considering.

Over the page is a section on primers and selflevelling compounds.

This is taken from the Mapei UK site but adhesion is adhesion whatever
continent you're in...

Nick Brearley