[Shop-talk] Check engine light on a 2003 HD2500

Subject: [Shop-talk] Check engine light on a 2003 HD2500
From: parkanzky at gmail.com (Paul Parkanzky)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:58:56 -0400
No specific help for your truck, but I've seen a very similar problem on a
couple of different diesel Volkswagens.

In the VWs, the first step is to check the resistance of all of the glow
plugs.  The computer wants them to be within a certain tolerance.  If they
all check out, then clean up all the contacts and put high-temp electrical
grease and put it all back together.  If that doesn't solve the problem,
then the next step is to replace the glow plug harness.

Hopefully, the Chevy is similar.

Good Luck,

-Paul