[Shop-talk] DannMar MaxJax ?

Subject: [Shop-talk] DannMar MaxJax ?
From: ejrussell at mebtel.net (Eric J Russell)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:43:39 -0400
Browse around on the Garage Journal forums for more opinions.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/

I'd ask, do you not have the ceiling height for a 'regular' lift? A quick
look at the link you provided indicates the posts still need to be bolted
down. They make it look like it takes 0.8 seconds to remove those bolts to
then allow you to move the post. I suspect it won't be quite as quick &
easy... Also, check the concrete flooring requirements for any 2 post lift.
A standard residential garage floor may not meet these requirements.

IMO, if you want a 2 post lift and have the ceiling height, a regular lift
will not cost more & might be more useful. It won't be 'mobile' but if that
is your main criteria then consider a scissor lift. The problem with scissor
lifts is they drastically restrict access to the underside of the vehicle.

I bought a 4 post lift. I use it for both storage (parking one car above the
other) and for working on/under a car. A 2 post lift is ideal for working on
a car but not for storage.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell