Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 11:30:02 -0400
Ridgid has a lifetime battery warranty..... if you register the
product with them within the first 90 days of ownership. I didn't
notice that detail when I bought mine, unfortunately.

I'm in the same boat with many of you, with a circa 1999 Craftsman
14.4V cordless drill and two batteries which don't go for long.
Rebuilt the packs summer 2006, and they need it again. Also have the
aforementioned Ridgid power screwdriver (9.6V) with two flat packs.
Rebuilding the packs again is at least $50/ea if I have Batteries Plus
do the work - but I can go to HF and buy a pack AND drill for under
$30.

I need to get a corded drill anyway - is there a particular one any of
you recommend? I'd like the ability to hammer (with or without
rotation) as well as some reasonable torque...

-Peter