[Shop-talk] PEX plumbing

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] PEX plumbing
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:03:37 -0400
I need to replace some freeze-burst water lines (in my shop) and am considering
going to PEX plumbing.  Anyone have suggestions on crimp tools and other
necessary equipment to procure?  Looks like crimpers are still stupid
expensive, but it's an investment I'm considering.

Are crimpers, bands, and fittings generally compatible between manufacturers?

And of course... can you use PEX for compressed air?  :)  I understand it's
elastic enough to usually survive water freezing.  So it seems like you could
safely use it for air, without concerns of it shattering like PVC.  And it's
gotta be a helluva lot easier to work with than Eric's iron pipe woes!

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive