Re: [Shop-talk] Pedestal Sink Trap

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pedestal Sink Trap
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 20:36:27 -0400
On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Peter J. Thomas <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
wrote:
> I've demo'ed the powder room.  Replacing the vinyl with tile, the vantiy
> with a pedestal sink and going to add wainscoting.

<snip>

The S-trap is right out.  But since you're adding wainscoting, and the
wall isn't load-bearing, can you open the wall and "adjust" the
framing so that the trap enters behind the pedestal and turns to meet
the existing stack?  This might have been what you meant by Option 2,
but it wasn't clear to me.  Or, you could "adjust" the stack to come
behind the pedestal.

Putting the trap in the floor sounds bad if there's a finished ceiling
below, otherwise it just sounds complicated.

Just thinking out loud...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html