[Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 22:25:01 -0400
Well, after a brief day of not bothering with the new air lines (because I
had a huge tree to remove) I'm back to getting the new air lines squared
away.

When we last left this saga, I had some success with epoxy to seal the
bigger leaks (audible.)

But, now I'm up against a harder problem.  The system has minor leak(s) in
it.  It's still usable, but when I test it for pressure, it will bleed
down completely in a few hours.

My questions are as follows...

How do you find these minor leaks?  I have hundreds of joints and many of
them are barely accessible.  I've been using dish soap with water with
only limited success.  Is there another or easier way?

Then there is my idea and I'm wondering if it will work or if there is a
better  product out there like this...

I should be able to introduce a fluid of sorts into the air stream.  The
fluid will find its way out of the leaks and clog them up.  I was thinking
of using tire slime for this purpose.

Now, I realize that I have to be careful to let it get all over the lines,
then I need to get it out of the lines before I start using tools.  This
shouldn't be a problem.

Is there a product designed for this?  Is there a better way to find/fix
leaks?  I'm sure I'm not the first bubba with this issue.

Thanks!

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html