Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:50:19 -0700
>>> shut off

> Me too (or three). I just put a 3/4" ball valve on the tank discharge,
> and I close it off every evening before I leave the shop. I have QD
> fittings an most or all of my air lines and they always seem to leak a
> tiny bit.

Seems there's always going to be something that leaks a little.  My
experience has been that if you mount the quick-disconnects pointed down
or angled below the horizontal they'll corrode and begin to leak if not
stick wide-open.   I have one in my shop right now that's permanently
got a blow-gun stuck in it because I'm too lazy to change it.

John.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive