[Shop-talk] storage shed plans

Subject: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans
From: ejrussell at mebtel.net (Eric J Russell)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 21:24:08 -0400
Shed construction is fairly simple - especially if you are making it
rectangular. I built a 10'X10' shed (zoning here says no building permit
needed if under 100 sq ft). I did peruse a few books at the library - they
had some plan books. But I built it without drawing any real plans.

2X4 studs 16" OC & T1-11 siding. I gambrelled the roof with 'trussed'
rafters using plywood gussets & a collar beam. I drew an end view of the
shed's roof in chalk on the garage floor, figured out the angles, cut the
2X4's & glued/nailed the gussets to them using the drawings on the garage
floor. Then my son & I lifted them up and sheathed the roof.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell