Re: [Shop-talk] anode rods-- was the air saga continues

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] anode rods-- was the air saga continues
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:50:10 -0400
On 6/2/2011 2:02 PM, Tim wrote:
> Here's a question: Where can I get an anode rod? I have not seen them at
> the HomeDespot or the Ace Hardwares I have been in--but often admit to

I ordered one from the appliance parts section at Sears.com (there's
more for your f***** life at Sears!! as Tim Allen used to say back in
his less than squeaky clean days)  Think it was about $18.  You need a
large socket for one;  1 1/16" or 27mm seems common.

I checked the local big boxen and plumbing suppliers and got funny looks
like "No, why would you mess with that!?  Just replace the whole tank
every 8 years."

This web site has lots of good info.  And they sell parts, if you don't
mind paying seriously high prices for their convenience factor:
http://www.WaterHeaterRescue.com/

-Wayne

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96