Re: [Shop-talk] Filling large gaps in wood?

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Filling large gaps in wood?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:51:16 -0400
On Jun 22, 2011, at 10:54 PM, Jim Stone wrote:

> If moisture isn't an issue in the area, I am a big fan of Quick Fill
(http://www.wel-cote.com/psshtm/quick%20fill.htm).

That would have been good to use but I'd already bought the Minwax product.
It's essentially Bondo but at 4x the cost :-)  The hardener was white so you
couldn't really tell when it was all mixed in, whereas the Bondo's was red
last time I used it. Still, it filled the gaps fine. And it's probably a
better choice if you only need a small amount as it comes in a pint or so
size.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive