Re: [Shop-talk] 1965 Mustang Brakes

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 1965 Mustang Brakes
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:03:27 -0400
Resto-Mod!!!  Score some discs and one of the new bad a** engines,
transmission, 15" or 16" wheels, and, umm... a few thou later (that part
kinda sucks) your brake job is all done!

Ok, crappy answer.  But as I've said here before, I really don't get
into old cars.  I have been impressed with some of the resto-mod stuff
where they've updated all the mechanicals.  And the new V8s Ford and GM
are turning out?  Wow!  How'd they do that?  You're supposed to have to
ditch the push rods to make that happen?!  All good though.  There are
no awards in engineering for complexity for its own sake!  And the
things even get good mpg.

Sounds like something better to bounce off a Mustang list.  Popular as
Stang's are, there's probably something out there with a list of good
parts & upgrades, or info on what's easy to grab from the junkyard for
an update?

-Wayne

On 6/26/2011 11:52 AM, Bob Spidell wrote:
> Our 1965 Mustang conv. (289/2bbl) with 4-wheel drums and power assist has
>crummy braking. We've narrowed the problem down to (probably) hard,
>semi-metallic brake shoes. OEM liner material works better, but it's hard to
>find anything that isn't some sort of kevlar/carbon, etc. material, which
>we're leery of and is mostly for racing.
> Any old Mustang gurus--or young Mustang gurus that know old Mustangs--know of
>a good brand or material that gives good stopping on a street-driven car?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums