[Shop-talk] under cabinet lighting

Subject: [Shop-talk] under cabinet lighting
From: mbarre at juno.com (Matt)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:18:53 GMT
The wife wants a tile backsplash in the kitchen, so I thought a little
undercabinet lighting while in the vicinity might be nice.
I am guessing it would be more of an accent thing than actual functional/task
lighting.  I was cruising the HDepot and they had several "puck" type
including battery (don't want that), zenon and LED.  I am not looking to put
something up that will be maintenance intensive.   I was surprised at the
variety - florescent, rope lighting, etc.

I saw a Hampton Bay LED product - 10 lights wired, looked like a 12V wall
wart, model 835355 originally $50 marked down to $37 that had potential but
when I got home to check out the specs, couldn't find anything about it.  That
starts to sound like a disposable product, doubt there are replacement LEDs if
I can't even find the product on their web site.  That might not be much
better than a string of small XMAS lights.

Any thoughts or recent experience?

Shop link - maybe I will do something similar in the shop?!?

TIA,
Matt