Just don't be lured by the less-expensive "odorless / non-flammable" mineral
spirits. It's mineral spirits emulsified in water, and just not very
effective. And though it's a little cheaper, the proportion of mineral
spirits is reasonably small - you're buying more water than solvent for
maybe a buck less per gallon. It's a real disappointment.
From: Bob Spidell
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Parts solvent
I use mineral spirits. Five gallons should be sufficient (I think the '40
gallons' refers to the entire volume of the
cleaner--there should be a tray inside at about the 5/10-gal level).
Good solvent, not terribly volatile or toxic. Used to be cheap, but not any
Suggested annual donation $12.96