[Shop-talk] Formica counter

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Formica counter
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 04:56:05 -0700
We have a formica countertop that's at least 20 years old, probably more like
35 years. Near as we can tell, the countertop is glued down. No nice little
brackets. We pried up a corner of the formica an don't see any screws or nails
going in from the top, but that may be the case.
We're concerned that if we pull up the counter top, we'll damage the cupboards
that are still in good shape.
We're thinking about going over the existing formica after re-gluing the
raised corners. Bad idea?
Next thought is to remove the existing formica. This one sounds like a lot of
work and maybe we mess up the countertop?
Any ideas?
Brian K

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96