[Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:18:20 -0400 (EDT)
Fellow shop dwellersb&

I think I may have solved the drought problems for any small countryb&just
turn my compressor on and drain the water!  Seriously, Ibve got several
drains and a large water separator in my system and Ibve had it plumbed this
way for years. I drain and clean everything often.  Ibve been able to run
the system for hours blasting/sanding/cutting/whatever without liquid coming
out of every orifice until lately.  Now I have water spraying out of most
tools within 15 minutesb&nothing abnormal at the traps/separator.

Sob&what sort of driers do you have experience with?  Is the desiccant style
or the refrigerated type better?  Good points, bad points of either?  The
smaller units of each type are priced about the same, but I assume one is
better than the other.

Lemme no

Swimming at the workbenchb&Nick in Nor Cal

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums