Re: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?

To: ejrussell@mebtel.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:12:51 -0400 (EDT)
Yeah its definitely water...
I run the air out of the tank into a "maze" of vertical pipes with drains at
the bottom of each run, and yes the hose comes off at the top of the last
vertical pipe.  When blasting or using any tool for any amount of time, I
usually drain everything about every half an hour.  Don't usually get much out
of the drains, but get some vapor and a bit of water out of the water trap.
This has worked until recently and now a DA will spit water in just a few
minutes...enough to make holding on to the sander an annoying and wet
experience!